Mainly Networking, SDN, Automation, Datacenter and OpenStack as an overlay for my life

Tuesday, January 10, 2017

CCIE DCv2: Lab experience & general recommendations

Well, I think that if you are in an IE track you probably read a lot about this day and prep prior to it. I will not bore you with all the same stuff and I will only summarize few steps that I took.


  • Lab Day

All that you have read still applies, be familiar with lab location, have a good meal and arrive early, I will add also "be confident" probably you where working on this track for a the past months so this day you will transfer all that knowledge that you gather into the lab


  • Lab Experience

For v2 there are some changes, first of all is the introduction of a DIAG section. DIAG is composed of a series of scenarios in which you got some input from client and need to diagnose the issue. It's really no complex at all, if you have some prior experience in show commands you should not face any issue. Also is good to know that *based on all the output provided* only one question is correct. You're granted of one hour to end DIAG, notice that if you end early you will not have access to the lab, after one hour the lab would be started for you and you will get access to devices and questions.

In lab there's not much to say, use your own strategy, read carefully (I really encourage you to read all the questions first, at least once) and do only what is asked. Lab is hard, I will not lie to you, but if you train well and have practice you will find it possible :), remember be confident, avoid getting stuck with a question if you feel that something is taking you so much time just make a note and go ahead. Other really useful recommendation, and related to ACI, is to take snapshots, I found it very useful when I was making changes in ACI to have some snaps to quickly come back after modifying stuff that hurt my tenants :)

After the exam, relax, watch Vikings and release anger/stress/anxiety or whatever you feel, news will come (in my case it took up like almost 48hs....)



, , , , ,

Article By: Ariel Liguori

CCIE DC #55292 / VCIX-NV / JNCIP "Network Architect mainly focused on SDN/NFV, Openstack adoption, Datacenter technologies and automations running on top of it :) "

No comments:

Post a Comment